MULBERRY PARC RETIREMENT RESIDENCE
OFFICIAL SPONSOR FOR BSIS HEALTHY AGING SERIES
At “Mulberry Parc” our residents and their families rave about the fabulous location, delicious menu choices and the caring and friendly staff. Services include all meals, weekly housekeeping, 24 hour staffing and emergency response as well as a comprehensive recreation program designed for active, independent seniors. Amenities include a business centre, garden patios , fitness room and hair salon. We offer a choice of attractive pet friendly bachelor, one bedroom and two bedrooms suites, most with fabulous views. A medical/dental clinic, banks, pharmacy and High Gate Village Mall are steps from our door. Our residents live everyday life to the fullest with the lifestyle they deserve.
Mulberry Parc - Retirement living with a Plus.
7230 Acorn Ave.
Burnaby, BC. V5E 4N9
New Vista Society
The New Vista Society is a non-profit society and registered charity dedicated to providing care, support and housing for seniors and families. The Society operates an intermediate care housing for 236 elders. The adult day program supports approximately 20 elders Monday through Friday. Five apartment buildings provide housing for about 500 low-income adults aged 55+ on New Vista's 17-acre site in Burnaby. Nearby, two townhouse complexes provide housing for 66 mixed-income families and 12 seniors.
New Vista enriches lives and encourages growth, independence and wellness for its clients, staff, volunteers and community members through specialized programs including foot care clinics, community bingo and the Eden Philosophy of Care.
Retirement Living Consultant
Harmony Court Estate
Harmony Court Estate
Affordable, All-Inclusive Retirement Living in Burnaby
Harmony Court Estate is Burnaby’s most affordable all-inclusive retirement community. We invite you to discover a broad range of retirement lifestyle options in a worry-free, friendly, caring and secure environment.
Our newly renovated suites are bright, comfortable, spacious and offer mountain and courtyard views. Our services are second to none, including body & mind wellness programs, artistic pursuits, community outings, entertainment and social gatherings.
Located on the border of Burnaby & New Westminster at Canada Way and Edmonds Street, Harmony Court is close to all conveniences, including public transit, High Gate Mall and the New Edmonds Community Centre. It’s also next door to the Harmony Court Care Centre, forming a “campus of care” that enables aging in place as your needs change.
For one affordable monthly fee, Harmony Court Estate offers:
- Spacious and bright; studios, 1 bedroom and 1 bedroom deluxe suites
- Three appetizing meals prepared by our Red Seal Chef; served in the comfort of our Garden dining room
- Daily social and recreational activities, to maintain an active lifestyle or to relax and socialize
- Indoor and outdoor gathering places; fireplace lounge, garden room, country kitchen, games room, fitness centre, library, groomed garden courtyards and pathways
- 24-hour on-site emergency response system (Lifeline)
- Weekly housekeeping, complimentary laundry onsite and regular maintenance upkeep
- Cable offering 58 channels and telephone
- Individual thermostats for personal climate control comfort.
Our Amenities Create a Perfect Home.
Amenities that enrich, enhance, and support your independence.
To ensure you have every opportunity to lead a rich and rewarding lifestyle of dignity and maximum independence, we offer a vast array of both essential and special services. For many residents, life just gets better and better once they arrive at Harmony Court Estate.
- Relax and socialize in the Fireside Lounge with complimentary coffee and tea throughout the day, flat screen TV, a resident computer and a group puzzle centre
- Participate in the many community activities in the Garden Room, with its bright conservatory, fireplace, dance floor, and outdoor courtyard patio
- Entertain or be entertained in the Games Room with a billiards table and flat screen TV
- Invite your friends and family to a private gathering in our 4th floor private dining room
- Our multi-purpose room is located on the 3rd floor and is used for various activities
- Stay fit in our full service fitness centre with our personal trainer.
- Read and unwind in our Library with wide range of books and magazines.
- Enjoy the professionally landscaped grounds featuring two courtyards and walking paths.
- Treat yourself to a visit to the on-site beauty salon/barber shop.
Our community is fully wheelchair accessible, with two elevators servicing all 4 floors, and we offer reserved parking to our residents. Pets are welcome, too!
I feel great now! – Hazel, Resident
“I have a beautifully appointed suite. A cozy apartment with a private balcony and a kitchenette with a big fridge.
I take comfort in the monitored emergency Lifeline response system included in my rent and like that my suite is cleaned weekly by housekeeping. The lunches and dinners are tasty and are a good portion and served to us by great staff.
I am a people person and didn't like living alone. I had a friend move into Harmony Court Estate and remember when I came to visit her I was impressed on my first visit.
When I arrived at the front door several residents bound to greet us. My life has changed for the better since I moved to Harmony Court. Things are 100% better now.
I have a life. Living alone was no fun at all. Now I take part in many activities including playing cards with new friends, attending birthday parties, pub nights and even fitness programs.
The activities are very impressive. I like the entertainment they bring in and the variety is good.
I am lonely no more. All you have to do is open my door and say hello to a new friend. I feel great now!” – Hazel, Resident
Supporting her independence – Emily, Resident
“I moved to Harmony Court when I found that I needed a little more support to maintain my independence.
I checked around elsewhere but found Harmony Court in Burnaby to be very obliging.
I enjoy all the activities including the fitness programs, weekly bingo, birthday parties, pub nights and the other entertainment offered.
I like to enjoy the privacy of my apartment…it suits me well. The health care services by AdvoCare come to my room on request.
I am energetic and very outgoing and appreciate the friendliness of the other residents. Nobody passes you by without a "hello" or asking how you are doing.” – Emily, Resident
NARGIS KAKAR, REALTOR - SUTTON GROUP
Nargis has been selling real estate in Burnaby and the Tri-Cities for almost 21 years. Seniors have been her passion since she was sixteen and attending grammar school in England. She brings many skills from previous careers. Nargis has been a lawyer, a university law instructor and a news broadcaster, to name a few.
Nargis has lived in five countries and, in addition to English, speaks Urdu, Pushto, Swahili and Kutchi. Currently she has assembled a team to help seniors and their families make the transition from living in a house to a condominium or assisted living.
When you are juggling many things in your life along with aging parents, having Nargis by your side will be invaluable.
Nargis Kakar, Realtor- Sutton Group